Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Swedish Fish, or, the time I saw Josh Groban in concert

I went to my first real arena concert tonight, when I went to the Sprint Center and saw Josh Groban. It was amazing. It was everything I would have hoped for a concert to be.

First of all, Josh Groban is amazing. He is an amazing performer, and adorable, and hilarious, and seems to really like his fans, and just seems like a real guy. He imitated Stewie from Family Guy for like five minutes, and fell down when he was running around the fans, and made awkward jokes, and if he could eat one thing for the rest of his life, it'd be SWEDISH FISH!!!! Also, his middle name is Winslow. It doesn't get much better than that.

His voice was just as beautiful in person as it is on his albums. The concert was a perfect mix of all of his albums, as well. I knew he'd do You Raise Me Up for an encore, but I went it just hoping that he would perform my favorite, Per Te, but I wasn't too hopeful. But, his last song...was Per Te!!! It was beautiful and perfect and I cried. It wasn't the first time I cried, though...I also cried during Oceano, which was like the third song.

I'm sure he gave his security guys a heart attack, for the way he interacted with the audience and would just run around like a madman. He was talking about his stage setup, where they had these jutting out platform stair things, and called them GAPs...aka, Grobanite Access Platforms. He was just...brilliant, in every sense of the word. I don't ever want to forget that concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment